Sunday, May 17, 2015

Josh Graffam

I grew up in southern NH and started fly fishing at the age of 9. While in college at the University of New Hampshire began guiding on the Delaware River for Al Caucci. Once completing my business degree I moved west where I guided for Western Rivers Fly shop(Dutch John, UT) in the spring and Jack Dennis Sports(Jackson, WY) during the summers. After 5 years of being a ski bum in the winter I decided to dedicate myself to trout fishing spending the next 3 winters on the south island of NZ.



After 7 years of living below the poverty line I was offered a job at The Ranch at Rock Creek as their head fishing guide. I spent one year there in Phillipsburg MT until returning to Wyoming to work as the activities director for Brush Creek Ranch. I now live in Saratoga WY year round and spend most of my time fishing the upper North Platte valley. I started competitive fly fishing in 2009 and qualified for Fly Fishing Team USA in the spring of 2011.  I competed in my first World Fly Fishing Championships in 2013 in Mosjoen Norway and will be competing in 2014 WFFC in the Czech Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment