Sunday, May 17, 2015

Russ Miller


Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago I quickly found my escape from the urban landscape on the rivers and woods that were bike ride away from home. It was not until I attended the University of Colorado at Boulder did my fishing hobby become my focus and passion. Working as a guide through collage I quickly learned the waters of the front range and beyond. Finding solitude in the high country and honing technical skills on the South Platte river I chased wild trout across the west. Now living in Seattle, WA and married to my long time lover and biggest supporter Jessie, I is still find time to chase the dream.  Exploring the stillwaters and trout streams of the Northern Cascades. Not to mention figuring out all of the coastal salmon and steelhead fishing. With each move around the county I have been lucky enough to add to my arsenal of tricks and find new and fun ways to catch fish on a fly.  Working for Sage, RIO and Redington does not hurt the "cause" either!

"I could not be more proud and excited to represent the USA at the Boznia next summer.  I am always looking forward to seeing whats around the next bend in the river and sharing those experiences with close friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment